Roles and ResponsibilitiesHi,
BU : EDRC (Substation)Job Role : Vendor Engineering Lead – Substation
Reports to (Job – Role) : Project Engineering Manager
Reportee (Job – Role) : None
Minimum Qualification : B.E. / B. Tech. in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Experience : 5+ years (Predominantly in Vendor Design Engineering) candidates with Middle East project experience on GIS Projects
Objective / Purpose: As Lead- Vendor Engineer, she / he shall be responsible for various Manufacturer Drawing submission to the client and coordination with manufacturer as well as with project team. In addition, the Lead has to coordinate with other departments including Inter-departmental checks covering, Electrical-Layout design and Civil-foundation design. The engineering activities shall cover the full cycle of works from pre-bid engineering to support during commissioning and warranty periods and to extend support to site team.
Shall lead a team of Engineers to manage the Engineering activities within budget, deliver on time and maintaining quality document/drawing submission to the client.
- Review of manufacturer drawings for different equipment at substation level and submission to client & review of client comments and reply to the comments with revised vendor documents
- Ensure deliveries are aligned to Project Schedule Pre order offer reviews during tender and execution stage of the project
- Follow up with manufacturers for drawing submissions and incorporation of comments
- Checking of vendor GA parameters on primary equipment layout and coordinate same with vendor if any changes in layout design
- Providing support to Site team on site queries on manufactured equipment
- Submitting all engineering set of calculation and obtaining comments from review with client
- Releasing Manufacturing clearance to the vendors for which engineering drawings were approved from client
The Lead (Vendor Engineering) – SS is required to have a basic understanding about Substation equipment and their layout for ensuring proper coordination with Site Execution team. In addition, the person is required be well-versed with verification of Manufacturer drawings w.r.t. client specification requirement after suitable inter-disciplinary checks (viz. Equipment General Arrangement Drawings w.r.t. layout & civil foundation design).
Also experience in handling offer review vendor drawing review and technical bid analysis for equipments in a GIS project including not limited to transformers GIS MV switchboards LV boards battery charger cables busducts lighting is required.
Furthermore, the Lead is expected to have in-depth knowledge on preparation of engineering calculations & listing of technical parameters for specific equipment based on the calculations and floating enquiries with different manufacturers for the same (viz. Battery sizing, Charger sizing, UPS, Cable, Station Transformer sizing etc.). Finally, the Lead is required to have proper communication with Manufacturers for ensuring incorporation of the desired client specifications in the vendor drawings.
Internally: Head of Engineering (EDRC, SS & UPD), Project Engineering Manager, Design Leads (Primary & Secondary), Site Execution team
Externally: Vendors (Engineering team0
Key Value Drivers
- Knowledge on vendor design documents review
- Accuracy (Approval of vendor drawings in min. no. of approvals)
- Optimization of equipment sizing
- Value addition to Submitted Vendor Deliverables & coordination of same with Site actual arrival and installation without any punch list from client
- Team building
- Leadership Quality
- Market Insight
- o Market Foresight
- o Leveraging Opportunities
- Customer at Core
- o Sustainable Partnership
- o Anticipating Needs
- o Customer Centricity
- Disruptive Innovation
- o Challenge Traditional Approaches
- o Generate Innovative Solutions
- o Take Calculated Risks
- Collaborate and Influence
- o Internal Stakeholders
- o External Stakeholders
Salary: 10,00,000 - 15,00,000 P.A.
Industry:Engineering & Construction
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Electronics/Telecommunication, Electrical
BVR People Consulting