Roles and Responsibilities
About the Role:
Technical communication and publication of technical documents of our offers (catalogues, technical guides, application guide, user, guide) is going to experience a deep change thanks to the digitization.
Indeed, as new digital technologies are more and more efficient, technical communication is becoming more and more digital (3D video, 3D pictures, product catalogues and information directly accessible from the Web and from mobile devices).
As part of the Technical Communication team, you will contribute to put in place the digital change. You will be in charge of providing wide variety of communication assets for product ranges under the Energy Management Business:
- Digital assets (Instruction sheets, catalogues, 3D pictures, technical videos, user guides) for several support (web, mobile devices,)
- As well as more traditional assets (pdf files) and HTML5 publication
The job requires mainly:
- High interest for the digital technology, and more specifically for the digital technical publication
- Spirit of initiative to propose innovative methods, process, technologies and tools
- Skills in project management (rigorous, synthetic)
- Strong capabilities to structure and present technical information
This position is a very good opportunity de develop a career path in Technical Communication, inside Global Marketing organization.
As Documentation Leader you secure on-time-delivery of Technical communication assets to business. You coordinate internal and external resources to produce high quality print and online information to install, operate and configure our products and systems. As a part of a global team you will be involved in developing new approaches for Technical Documentation such as multi-media content or specific access to content on smart phones and tablets.
Your scope of duties
- Analyzing requirements for Technical Documentation according to use cases and targeted audiences.
- Drafting instruction manuals, catalogues and other printed or digital Technical Documentation
- Managing creation process with internal or external technical writers / illustrators.
- Planning & delivery of Technical Documentation, Technical videos, 3D Digital assets.
- Planning budgets, resources, time lines as member of multicultural and multi-site project teams.
- Experience with planning tools (Teams. Planer, MS projects) to efficiently coordinate tasks and teams
- Experience with Arbotext authoring tool, Adobe illustrator
- Ensuring quality, usability, safety compliance and corporate identity
- Organizing localization process
- Securing availability of all necessary information in Organisation systems for internal (production, logistics..) and external use (web, wholesaler data bases)
- Coordinating closely with Offer Management, Offer Development, Project Management & Communications.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Ideally a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with additional education in technical writing
- At least 5 years experience as technical writer.
- Ability to explain complex, technically demanding products in easily understandable language, illustrations and animations/videos
- Ability to plan, manage and control several parallel projects, experience in Project Management
- Experience with authoring & desktop publishing tools and project management software
- Understanding of hardware and software development methodology, e.g. agile approach
- Fluent in both spoken and written English..
- Positive and open attitude, flexibility.
- Collaborative working style, team-player
Role:Digital Marketing - Other
Salary: 18,00,000 - 22,50,000 P.A.
Functional AreaMarketing & Communication
Role CategoryDigital Marketing
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
BVR People Consulting